ExpressCard to PCMCIA Adapter for 1784-PCMK

1784-pcc?

'
Just curious, running through this myself as it seems many others have as well.

I am using the Dell Precesion M6600 as well, but have Windows XP SP3 and wondered if you guys have had any success with these same adapter with the ControlNet Adapter card 1784-PCC Series B?

Also, to clarify, is this the adapter most here have ordered?

http://www.shopdigi.com/product.aspx?pf_id=PC-EXP

I don't have to deal with ControlNet here so I don't have access to the PCC, but yes, that is the adapter that works for me with the PCMK and I'm using a Dell Vostro with XP Pro SP3.

Best of luck to you!

1784-PCC Update

'
Just to update, I received the Digigear Adapter (actually I purchased two, supposedly from different manufacturers, but were identical)

http://www.shopdigi.com/product.aspx?pf_id=PC-EXP

I have a Dell M6600 running Windows XP SP3, and the adapter installed easy enough, and sensed the 1784-PCC Series B, and loaded the drivers fine, but would not pass the PCC Test. In control panel, I had the yellow "?" and an error "
The device cannot find enough free resources (code 12)" I tried everything I could think of to re-address the IRQ and memory, but had no luck. Uninstalled and re-installed different versions of the driver, with still nothing.

Contacted Rockwell this morning, and they referred me to a KB article that I had run across earlier, and they were nice enough to update it while I was on the 'chat' to include the Dell M6600! šŸ™ƒ

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/116912/related/1

Oddly enough the 1784-PCMK Series B seems to work fine. :confused:

Kinda running out of ideas here, I don't really want to go buy the new 1784-U2CN, or try another brand of laptop. If anybody has any thoughts, let me know.

Good Luck!

I'm getting a new laptop next week, with only PCExpress adaptop. I do still have the ebay special PCMCIA to PCExpress adaptop (which is the same as the shopdigi one) so i will try that out and hope for the best.

Its looking positive from what ive read on here the past few pages. Seems some people have got it working :)