extended/expansion module DH+ in PLC5/40C

abambang

Hi,
I got big trouble for install VFD in existing PLC5/40C.
Existing PLC5/40C DH+ Channel A connect to daisy chain 4 PLC and PC workstation. Channel B connect to KF2 for DCS communication. VFD type i already ordered is using communication adapter DH+. is it any extended/expansion module DH+ ??? so i can added that module in main chasis and VFD will connect to that module?

help me please.

No, there is no such thing as a DH+ expansion module for PLC-5 controllers.

You must daisy-chain one of your existing DH+ networks to the new node.

The only drive I've ever seen with DH+ is the old A-B 1395 DC drives. Are you certain the drive has DH+ and not Remote I/O (RIO) ?

dear ken
yes you are right our VFD using remote I/O 20-comm-R. we 're run out of DH plus port. we need a extra DH+ port to connect to VFD. what do you suggest? please help

yes PLC5 with controlnet. but the old version 1.25, I also have communication adapter 20-comm-C series B with 1.5 controlnet version that why I re-order using remote I/O communication adapter for VFD. ask per solar drawing VFD connect to DH+ channel B. unfortunately existing PLC channel A used for daisy chain 4PLC and PC workstation. channel B used for KF2 module to communicated with DCS. that why now i'm in trouble to make this done.

Now I remember abambang's original post about this system; he didn't mention that both Channel 1A and 1B on the PLC-5C controller were configured for DH+, and it didn't occur to me to ask if he had a RIO scanner port available.

The 1771-SN "Sub-Scanner" was originally built for the PLC-2 controller and is very obsolete. It would probably not work for this application anyhow because the 20-COMM-R generally requires RIO Block Transfer and the 1771-SN supports only discrete transfers.

I have used 1336+II drives with PLC-5C 1.25 controllers by adding a Scanport module (1203-FM1/FB1). This was done in 1997, and I have not attempted it with a PowerFlex drive. Most PowerFlex drives do support a subset of SCANPort functionality.

Abambang, you may wish to get a consultant involved who has enough Allen-Bradley networking knowledge to connect these devices together. Advice from an Internet forum might not be detailed or thorough enough to help you construct a safe and reliable control system modification.