EZtext to ML1000 analog

RayK

Hair pulling stage!!!!
I am trying to connect a ML1000 Analog to a EZtext 420 panel, can download a file to the ezytext, download to the Ml1000 but when i connect the 420 to the ML1000 using the same cable that i downloaded from RSLOGIX500 to the ML1000 no go !!!! TXD light is steady flashing but no RXD on the panel ?. Is there something obvious i've missed? do I have to tell the program in the ML1000 to send? the error I'm getting is "PLC MSG Timeout CMD=A200 ? can't see that error code anywhere in the manual ? Help!

Martin's right. The A-B cable will NOT work. RX and TX are reversed.

1761-CBL-PM02.jpg

EZ-MLOGIX-CBL.jpg

šŸ»

-Eric

Eric,
Where did you find the pin-out of the Allen Bradley cable ( 1761-CBL_PM02)
I have look and look on AB.com but no luck. I would also like to have the pin-out of 1761-CBL-HM02 ??????

I'm still confused on how the problem can arise. One cable has a 9 pin connector, the other has a 15 pin connector. How would the MicroLogix cable even connect to the display?

bernie_carlton said:
I'm still confused on how the problem can arise. One cable has a 9 pin connector, the other has a 15 pin connector. How would the MicroLogix cable even connect to the display?

Good point, Bernie! It's also the opposite gender!... šŸ™ƒ

That might explain the lack of communication. No connection = no comms... :rolleyes:

šŸ»

-Eric

Thanx for the replies guys, the Eztext is mounted in a small box so i cut the eztext cable and terminated with a 9 pin plug on the outside of the box so then its just a matter of unpluging the comms cable from the ML1000 at the computer end and plugging it it the eztext box! the comms cable is homebrew and has been working OK. as far as i can see from all the wiring diagrams they are all RXD to TXD, TXD to RXDand a ground!
BTW the test bench setup is all out of my own pocket so hence the homebrew cables!

If your cable (obviously not the ordinary one) for programming the EZText is a straight through then the MicroLogix cable won't work. It's also possible that the EZText communicates to the PLC with different parameters than the download ones and the fact that you can download to it would have no bearingon whether it can talk to the Micrologix. Have you checked that out?

RayK said:
Yes the computer to eztext cable is set up as a null modem cable but eztext to ML1000 is straight through. i.e. TXD to RXD and RXD to TXD

TXD to RXD and RXD to TXD IS a Null Modem connection.
Straight thru is RXD to RXD and TXD to TXD ( ground to ground)

I'm confused also. Just switch the RXD and TXD wires going to one of the devices. Also make sure the comm setup parameters, (baud rate, parity, etc.) match when downloading to each device.