Factory Talk Password/RSL5000

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I have a ControLogix PLC running a system. I haven't touched the system in a couple years, someone else was taking care of it. Today I tried to open RSL5000 and it is now asking for my "Factory Talk" login credentials. I don't know if the other gentleman (who is no longer here) did something or if Rockwell Software did something however, I have a system down (of course) and am not able to go online with the processor because it will let me go no further, until I enter the magic words. Is there a way to take password protection off without affecting the program? Thank you

I called Rockwell Automation for support however, we have no support agreement so I can't make it past the activations people. This is the only Allen-Bradley PLC we have in the plant. I have no idea what the other guy could have used for username and password on this thing.

Are you using a site PC or your own?

If it is a site PC they might've installed and configured AssetCentre or implemented FactoryTalk Security.

Try connecting a 'third' party PC directly into a I/O subnet switch if you don't have the required credentials.

If the site PC running software is 'secured' via FactoryTalk Security you will need to access the FactoryTalk Administration Console for the implemented FactoryTalk Directory and edit the software security settings (System/Policies/Product Policies/RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000/Feature Security ).

Also, if your PC uses LAN connectivity and it is not listed within the FTAC Networks and Devices list you will be similarly prompted.

Are you using a site PC or your own?

If it is a site PC they might've installed and configured AssetCentre or implemented FactoryTalk Security.

Try connecting a 'third' party PC directly into a I/O subnet switch if you don't have the required credentials.

If the site PC running software is 'secured' via FactoryTalk Security you will need to access the FactoryTalk Administration Console for the implemented FactoryTalk Directory and edit the software security settings (System/Policies/Product Policies/RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000/Feature Security ).

Also, if your PC uses LAN connectivity and it is not listed within the FTAC Networks and Devices list you will be similarly prompted.

I have a EtherNet/IP module 1756-A7 series 8. I am not able to open RSL5000 from laptop.