Factory talkview project downgrafe2

I have a factorytalk view studio 6.1. But all my runtime files are 5.1. I have installed factorytalk view studio 5.1
But whenever I try to restore from runtime file of 5.1. It shows it is password protected although I have given no password .:site:

Is there any way to downgrade the project file from 6.1 to 5.1

I have 2 laptops, One with FTVIEW 6.1 and another with FTVIEW 5.1. One with FTVIEW 6.1 has become faulty. I need to move project file from FTVIEW 6.1 to 5.1.

I couldn't upgrade FTVIEW 5.1 to 6.1 as it is windows xp.

I tried to install windows 7 in another laptop to install FTVIEW 6.1. But FTVIEW stopped everytime while opening any project with an error saying windows has stopped this program.

"Back in the day", I had a Win XP laptop running RSView Studio v4.something. View Studio crashed and wouldn't start...or uninstall...or reinstall...or repair. I ended up getting VMWare Player and never looked back. I still have and occasionally use my original Windows XP virtual machine with RSView on it. That's the route I would go if I were you.

But whenever I try to restore from runtime file of 5.1. It shows it is password protected although I have given no password .:site:
Does it actually specify it is password-protected, or just that was saved in a protected format? v5 and 5.1 runtime files created in a 64-bit environment cannot be set to allow conversion back to a project due to Rockwell changing their tag database at the time.

there are ways to restore a project that won't allow you to use the application manager due to conversion issues.

This involves opening the MER and running it on the PC terminal. then making a new project and importing the running project from the temporary files created in the project directory for factorytalk view ME.

You could also post it and someone might be able to get it to a convertible state for you.

Since it is 5.1, if you are not using internal HMI tags then it is possible to use a hex editor to modify the bits that tell it that it can't be restored and then simply restore it as normal.

Versions before v5 did not support restoration at all so there were workarounds to get parts of the project out (as Ian is referencing).

With (64-bit) v5 everything is there, it's just the tag database is an issue... see this post if you want the hairy details.