Factory Talkview window sizing

Udunit

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm having an issue with my programming software. The pop-up display properties windows are not resizing so I can see the elements I need to get to. I've tried resizing the screen resolution, tried dragging the corners of the window (it's not allowing this). I'm not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

Factorytalk view.jpg

Is your issue at run time or in the editing?

If you're editing, try making a large rectangle on the screen. Then drag the rectangle to the edge of the screen so that it sticks off over the edge. You should then be able to scroll over farther.

Another option is to find the off-screen element with the object explorer and use it's properties to put it back in the normal viewing area.

The issue is with the numeric display properties window during editing. The window will not go large enough to see all of the programming options.

Had this problem once and the only way I was able to fix it was with a reinstall. Hope you find a quicker way!

I know logix/studio had a way to reset to defaults. You hold shift, or a combination of shift and something else (sorry don't remember) when you start the software. Perhaps this will work as well. Worth a shot.

What revision FTVS are you running?

Newer .NET Framework and VB services don't play nice with older RA products, especially when using high DPI monitors.

It is similar with older revisions RSLogix 5000 original module configuration applets such as MSG.

The only partially obscured button is Function, however, it still is accessible and functional.