FactoryTalk Alarm and Events (v6.31) Alarm history not working after software updates

theloop82

We upgraded our systems to FactoryTalk Service Platform 6.31 and ran patch roll up from Dec 22 after software updates.

We have a network connected Alarm and Event DB that all of our systems point at that has been working for years with no issue.

After the updates, the active alarms work just fine, but the alarm history stopped logging as soon as the system was updated from FTSP 6.30 to 6.31

The event viewer shows the following error message about every 2 minutes:

(FTAEProxyWrapper,RTE_ERROR_CRITICAL,Process:FTAE_HistServ.exe) CParseJsonResult:ResponseCodeAction - Request type 11 with ResponseCode: 607 ad error message: Unable to execute the SQL Statement, Make sure the database is accessible and try again.

The central Alarm DB is being used both by older FTView SE ver 12 Network Station HMI's, as well as our newer FTView SE Network Distributed HMI, but both systems exhibit the same behavior, Active and acknowledged alarms are displayed, but the history only shows entries for past alarms that stopped logging the day we did the system upgrade.

I've ran through all pertinent Knowledgebase articles, but of course with the new FTSP version, none of them are called out for FTSP 6.31, and none of them show the exact error I'm getting.

Has anyone experienced this sort of thing after a round of Patching or FTSP updates in the past? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

There's a problem connecting to the database, check the paths? I don't have experience with Alarms and Events, so I can't tell you where to verify the path. If it's like FT View Studio, there's a communications tab which has both project and runtime settings, which is where I would start looking.

I have verified all the settings in the admin console connections, alarm and events server settings, and SQL database settings are all the same as they were before the updates.