FactoryTalk downloads blue screen

f16bmathis

FactoryTalk machine edition downloads my .mer as a blue screen. It was downloading and working till I created two more screens, and I guess I did something else...

I even deleted the two new screens, and it still downloads and ends up as a blue screen.

Other programs download and work fine.

Screen is a PanelView Plus 1000 loaded with ver 5.10

HELP! Thanks! :)

Check your system file area. You may be addressing the HMI by a bit in your program.
Does it run in simulation mode?

Verify your Initial Screen Selection is a valid choice. Make sure that it has not been renamed or removed.

The Startup Screen all application require a Start Screen to be selected. double click the flag to open Startup property page. I thought screen name may have been renamed and not changed to new name here.

FTV_Start.jpg

Last edited:
The Startup Screen all application require a Start Screen to be selected. double click the flag to open Startup page. I thought this may have been renamed and not changed to new name here.

Oh, no, that is named properly "MAIN_SCREEN" and is selected to run first. It is in my screen list.

Parameter file is blank... I swapped MAIN_SCREEN with another screen I have "INPUTS" and same blue screen

I also tried unchecking boxes for "Alarms" and "Information Messages", still blue ):

Last edited:
When the PV+ has no Startup screen, the background is usually gray, like the background seen in the right half of the screenshot above.

Is it a dark blue or a light blue ? Any gradient to it ?

Do you still see the usual "FactoryTalk View ME is starting up" status windows ?

When the PV+ has no Startup screen, the background is usually gray, like the background seen in the right half of the screenshot above.

Is it a dark blue or a light blue ? Any gradient to it ?

Do you still see the usual "FactoryTalk View ME is starting up" status windows ?

kinda light blue, checks, system, square to go PV screen, checking integrity, wait, starting FT station, loading app, Please wait... Starting app, please wait, blue screen.

Deleted all but two files in PV, did not load either of the two, pushed reset button to reset PV, and I get blue screen. Pulled power to reset PV, pressed square to access PV settings, and I load the one good program and run, and it runs. Recycle power with the good program loaded and running and it comes up with blue screen!

cycle power, push PV square button, and it shows no program loaded!

The "bluish" screen is the Windows CE desktop background, with no toolbar or icons. It's what you see while FactoryTalk View ME is starting up, showing you those "Starting FactoryTalk View ME Station" and "Loading Application. Please Wait" messages.

The gray screen is the actual container background of FactoryTalk View ME.

It sounds like the application is failing to run and doing so in a quiet fashion that doesn't give you any diagnostics.

This is one of those situations where I really wish the PV+ had a serial console that would spit out diagnostic information....

I agree that you might be dealing with a failing unit.

Is this an older PV+ or a new PV+6 ?

The "bluish" screen is the Windows CE desktop background, with no toolbar or icons. It's what you see while FactoryTalk View ME is starting up, showing you those "Starting FactoryTalk View ME Station" and "Loading Application. Please Wait" messages.

The gray screen is the actual container background of FactoryTalk View ME.

It sounds like the application is failing to run and doing so in a quiet fashion that doesn't give you any diagnostics.

This is one of those situations where I really wish the PV+ had a serial console that would spit out diagnostic information....

I agree that you might be dealing with a failing unit.

Is this an older PV+ or a new PV+6 ?

I think it's an older PV+. It's been sitting in a panel unused for about 3-4 years.

I opened the program that won't work, copied a screen, closed it, opened a new project and pasted it, then attempted to re-open the project that wont work, and now it won't load into FactoryTalk. So it looks like a total rebuild from scratch...

try saving the .mer file as V4.6 then loading it.
the firmware might not handle v5.1
Also there are Patch files (Free) on the rockwell site for FTVME
for now don't try to upgrade the firmware - that could be bad