FactoryTalk IEEE754

Nametag

Hello. I have a SLC 5/04 with a Prosoft MVI46-DFNT. I am trying to communicate over ethernet to a Panelview Plus 1000. The Communication works but my issue is Floating Points. The Prosoft module can only handle 16bit INTs so i have to COP my IEEE 754 F(floats) to 2 N(16bit integers). Factorytalk View must point to the two seperate 16bit INTs
My Question how to I change the 2 INTs back to a Float inside the PVP

Thanks

The issue the prosoft module can't deal with floats. So I must COP the Float into two consecutive iNtegers in the SLC(when using COP the integers are in IEEE 754 format). Then move the iNtegers to M1 register for the prosoft module. The panelview must read iNtegers from prosoft module over Ethernet. So now I have two integers in the panelview and I don't know how to convert them back into a usable number.

What I meant was to bring the Integers back from the Prosoft Module into N registers in the SLC. Then COP them back to a F float. Have the PV read the F registers in the SLC instead of having it read directly from the Prosoft Module. One extra step I know but it is the only way I know to do that.

Maybe someone will come in with a better idea. Ken or George???

Edit: I am sorry I was thinking the Prosoft module you were using was a Modbus Module. I just looked it up and it is a Ethernet IP module. Have you checked with Prosoft on this?? I cant imagine they would build a interface couldn't handle float data types. That would make it useless in my opinion without float data types.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking into this, greatly appreciated. Ya i checked with prosoft, I was told the mvi46-dfnt can only handle 16 bit data. They directed me to Rockwell but without a support contract that is not an option.

I would look into another DF1 to Ethernet/IP gateway for your project. Maybe just use it for communication between the Panel View and the PLC. You could still use the Prosoft for other parts of the project.

I use the 1761-NET-ENI with a SLC 5/04 and have had no problem at all. I communicates with the Red Lion G308 just fine all data formats. They can be a little expensive but if it works it is worth it in my opinion. I think Digi makes one too.

Good luck.