FactoryTalk ME - Editable RFID List

Pumba12

Good Afternoon,

I am currently designing an HMI application that needs a screen that shows about 20 of the latest RFID [stored in PLC] and have a running list of the previous RFID on a display [similar to an Alarm History screen]. My idea is to not have a trigger, but every time the value changes it will be listed on the screen. IF for some reason the value of the RFID is incorrect, the operator can manually select and punch in the necessary adjustment and be shown on the list. I feel like i'm brain-farting over the necessary object that is needed, so bare with me if this is a simple fix.

I have prior experience with AB/FTVS ME, but my latest project was with Omron/Yaskawa controls systems. Thus, i am pretty rusty dealing with this software. BUT WE WILL PREVAIL.

Thanks guys!

RFID - yes, but i will need to log other values that are string values. Idea is create a list of values (similar to a cycle time table). Twenty values that will refresh during the production shift. I am currently playing with the DataStore Plus control, only problem i am getting hung up on is the display that would be located on a HMI screen (rather than a flash drive, or internal memory in the Windows application on the HMI). Last resort would be adding additional PLC logic, to reduce amount of system-up issues in the future.

I've read several forums and have not found a simple fix to this issue, if there is something that i'm overlooking please let me know.

Thanks! 🍺

Really, if there is a "queue" application that can display each change of value. That would be the solution for my issue that i am looking for. Preferably through the HMI interface rather than adding any logic.

Last edited: