FactoryTalk ME Remote Display w/Parameter

jholm90

Looking to call a new screen with FactoryTalk ME v12 from the PLC with a remote parameter...

FYI the parameter value is an integer 100..199

I have successfully used the ME MacroTen activeX control to let the PLC know what the parameter value was used to call the display and now I would like the PLC to call another display with a parameter value of it's choosing. (FYI I ended up blinking the enable bit and reading a tag value from the PLC via a parameter, then writing back to the PLC as {#1} by itself did not work)

I do not have any parameter files in this project, it is just one parameter in a list used on the screens {#1}

I have tried Global Connections\Displays "Use Parameter List" as 1, 0, or blinking and nothing seems to grab this tag value from the PLC when issuing a screen control value. I put a literal string tag on the screen referincing the {#1} parameter and it returns: {[PLC]gHMI1.Par1_Control} ; the exact thing I was hoping to get the value of...not the tag name!

Capture.PNG

Take a look at the control list display selector. Place it on your parameter page and make invisible. It only purpose is to report the Parameter value to the PLC.

Value = PLC Tag
Indicator = parameter
Remote Access = 1