FactoryTalk Services Platform

James1009

Hi all. All of a sudden when i attempt to open FactortTalk ME Station on my Windows Vista Laptop an error box pops up stating, "The FactoryTalk Services platform (Version 2.40) is required to be installed on this machine before running this program". Im not sure if someone deleted a file in the setup or whats going on. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

What version of FactoryTalk View ME are you running?

What version of FactoryTalk Services Platform is currently installed?

What was updated?

FactoryTalk Services Platform (FTSP) and RSLinx Enterprise (RSLE) go hand in hand. Whatever Service Release (SR) FTSP is at there will be a lock-stepped version of RSLE that will be released with it.

The version your message states is FTSP v2.40. This was released as follows...

FTSP 2.40.00 RSLE 5.40.00 (CPR9 SR4)

Here you can see the lock-stepped version of RSLE and the Current Product Release (CPR) and Service Release (SR) versions. It is the Service Release (SR) numbers that are key here. Each release "CPR9" remains constant but the SR number is incremented.

Compatibility works backwards here. Each version of FactoryTalk View ME (FTVME) will support the FTSP/RSLE CPR SR version at the time of its release and any newer SR thereafter, right up to the latest SR. This is because the features for that version of FTVME are added at that time and retained through successive updates to FTSP/RSLE.

If a newer version of FTVME is in use, then it will only support its compatible SR and above. It should not be used with older SR versions because its features do not exist in that previous version.

For instance...

FactoryTalk View ME v5.00.00 is compatible with all versions from...

FTSP 2.10.00 RSLE 5.10.00 (CPR9) <<<Note: No SR yet. Treat SR like Windows Service Packs (SP)

...to...

FTSP 2.80.00 RSLE 5.80.00 (CPR9 SR8) (latest at time of writing)

Whereas...

FactoryTalk View ME v6.10.00 is compatible with all versions from...

FTSP 2.40.00 RSLE 5.40.00 (CPR9 SR4)

...to...

FTSP 2.80.00 RSLE 5.80.00 (CPR9 SR8)

If someone were to install something that messed with the FTSP/RLSE SR, say an older SR was installed, then your current FTVME version could be knocked out of step.

There are also patch roll-ups available for some of these situations. So the current version of FTSP is left alone and FTVME is just patched.

If you can provide the answers to the above then maybe I can hone in a specific patch for your version.

Regards,
George

Last edited: