FactoryTalk Services Platform issue

jkerekes

I have a customer who has installed on a server several RA apps. Such as FTView SE server 5.0 , FTView Studio, RSlogix 5000 v. 17, RSLogix 500. I've noticed that in the add/remove programs list that two FTSP versions (CPR9 & CPR SR1) are installed at the same time. Is this normal or is it a problem? I know that it's probably a good idea to minimize what stuff is installed on a FTView SE server. Ken do you know a reason for this?

Well it wasn't working well. It came to a point where the SE server had to be rebooted several times a week to restore functionality. I never knew you could have multiple versions of FTSP installed at once.

I've seen that technote. Actually in Add/Remove programs you can see the two versions installed, CPR9 & CPR9 SR1. Logix installs an updated FTSP if it needs it to run, but apparently without any warning to the user. Granted it's probably wise to limit what gets installed on an SE server computer, but still this isn't correct.

I got another technote form tech. support syaing two installs are possible. I'm still looking for the Logix release notes that document this behavior. Also what other Rockwell installs do this.

It is regarding factory talk view alarm and events server. we have a primary/secondary configuration of factory talk. we recently upgraded our processor to L75 which required logix5000 upgradation, we did it to v19.0 from v15.0 in the logix which is on secondary server. the cd also upgraded the rs linx enterprise and factory talk services platform. Now everything is working ok, except alarm & events server stating error that version mismatch on primary and secondary. In case we upgrade our primary also, factory talk SE will also need an upgrade and this all requires plant shutdown. Any other way to bring back our alarm and events server to life online?