FactoryTalk View: Close the window opens with global object

anhtuandrg

Dear all,

I have a button in global object, and that button that button use to open a pop-up window and transfer parameter tags to that pop-up. The problem is when a click in 2 objects in main window, there will be 2 windows. Is there anyway to close the first window after the second window showed up. Because I don't want have a distract when the first window disappears, then the second window shows up. I came up with idea that i will Abort the first window after the second window showed up, but 2 windows have the same name in FTView designer. So when I did that, the second window was closed, not the first one. I wonder that if 2 windows have different name.

Can you guys give me some advices?

Thank you for you reply, gclshortt

I read the thread but those solutions were used for FTViewME. I'm using SE. Do you have any other idea?

Or, is there anyway to just replace the pop-up window in FTViewSE? I mean, the second pop-up window will replace the first one

Can you guys give me some advices?

Hi ASF,
Thank you for your response.
I tried that way, but my client, he don't want see a distraction between appearing the first pop-up and disappearing the second one. We are converting from iFix SCADA to FTViewSE SCADA. In old system, there is no distraction, the parameters in pop-up window change smoothly. So he want me to do them the same 🔨. Have you ever got that problem before? Any suggestion?

Last edited: