FactoryTalk View ME - Shortcut Path Does Not Exist. May have been Renamed or Removed

Cydog

Good Morning ,

This is what I get when I started a project 5 months ago , and then get back to it , with a new 1769-L33ER, into my existing ME HMI project :(.

I have my L33ER processor named " Line_5_Packaging_and_Vision_System".
now . My shortcuts are (example)
{[Line 5 Vision]Tracking_Vision_Results_Non_Control_Side[0].1}

When I open Communication Setup , I get " Shortcut path does not exist
may have been renamed or removed".

I have a shift register , that I want to show the results on the Panelview Plus 6. I had to place each bit of the array into my display for each product on the screen. I don't want to have to go back and place these again.

How can I have my Shortcut point to processor again ? Rename my processor to " Line 5 Vision " again ?

Another thing I don't understand is , I'm able to run it with " Test Application " . Doesn't that use the Design ( Local ), to run test application ?
If it does , I copied Design ( Local ) to Runtime ( Target ) , but when I download to the HMI , I have no communication.

Thanks so much for your help.

Good Morning ,

This is what I get when I started a project 5 months ago , and then get back to it , with a new 1769-L33ER, into my existing ME HMI project :(.

I have my L33ER processor named " Line_5_Packaging_and_Vision_System".
now . My shortcuts are (example)
{[Line 5 Vision]Tracking_Vision_Results_Non_Control_Side[0].1}

When I open Communication Setup , I get " Shortcut path does not exist
may have been renamed or removed".

I have a shift register , that I want to show the results on the Panelview Plus 6. I had to place each bit of the array into my display for each product on the screen. I don't want to have to go back and place these again.

How can I have my Shortcut point to processor again ? Rename my processor to " Line 5 Vision " again ?

Another thing I don't understand is , I'm able to run it with " Test Application " . Doesn't that use the Design ( Local ), to run test application ?
If it does , I copied Design ( Local ) to Runtime ( Target ) , but when I download to the HMI , I have no communication.

Thanks so much for your help.

Check in RSLinx or Factorytalk Linx (whichever you are using) that the definition of [Line 5 Vision] is correct. Normally you define the path where the OPC servers are defined, and clicking on the name Line 5 Vision should highlight the controller in your browse window. If you are using a different programming computer, it may not have that path defined.

Update , on the Panelview Plus 6 issue I had . I needed to flash the firmware from the 8 that was on it to version 10 . For some reason the CompactLogix will not run on a version less than version 8 or lower .

Thanks for your help .