FactoryTalk View ME upgrade (7 to 8)

zacslade

Will upgrading from Factorytalk View version 7 to version 8 affect my ME projects negatively?

Can I just open up one of my old projects, add a few buttons, and then download it to one of my PanelView Plus OITs without worries about whether the alarming will still function as expected, etc?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Version 8 just adds some enhancements and should not affect a user's experience with working on any applications with which they could previously do so in Version 7.

Regards,
George

(y)Thanks Geo. Much appreciated!

Also... is there a web-page where release notes are made available for all the new versions of FactoryTalk View Studio? I am having trouble finding it.

Not only that, you will be compiling an application to whichever version your panels are running and therefor nothing should change in that way at all.

This is a very recent technote on Version 8.10 features...

731642 - What's new in FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition 8.10
Access Level: Everyone

...and the whole kit and caboodle...

56362 - FactoryTalk View ME/SE Release Notes From version 5.00 to 8.10
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George