FactoryTalk View Recipes

macgioo2

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble getting recipes to work the way I want them to.

I have a display with 10 input number fields that I can download to the plc by entering in the value and hitting the download button for the field.

I have a recipe button also and I have no problem writing the values of the input fields to the recipe file.

But when I restore the input fields with values from the recipe file I am not able to write these values to the plc without having to go back into the individual input field and pressing the download button for each.

Surely there is a more efficient way of doing this! In the help it mentions pressing the down page button, but this does not work!

Has anyone tried this before?

I'm sure this isn't a lot of help, but years ago I completely abandoned Rockwell's pathetic attempt at managing recipes, and instead use VBA and ODBC, usually linked to a SQL or Access database. It is more involved, but it works, and is more flexible in general.

As an aside, for numeric entries, also ignore Rockwell's perpetually stupid keypad control, and instead download the "Numeric Keypad Control for RSView 32 vers. 1.00.0060" from their site.

It is Soooooo much better then the default one, that I'm sure Rockwell fired whoever developed it.

Thanks rd,

As you probably know by now, I'm not at the level where I can do this in VBA yet!

What a pain!

This software has really tried my patience.

If I ever do another HMI I will insist on Wonderware!!!