FactoryTalk VIew SE Client, Bogging down Host PC

darkplc

Every since we upgraded FactoryTalk VIew SE to version 13, my Client on my production computer bogs (slows) it down. Everything on the computer becomes progressively slower, jumping mouse cursor and will eventually lock up.

When the FactoryTalk VIew SE Client is first started everything runs fine. After it has been running for a while is when the issue arises. Closing the FactoryTalk VIew SE Client clears up the issue.

I only have the FactoryTalk VIew SE Client installed, not the full SE Studio, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of Rockwell's software & updates on it.

I have searched online and can't find a solution.

Anyone here have any ideas, suffering the same problem?

CPU: 2.7 GHZ
RAM: 32 GB
Storage: 1 TB SSD
Graphics:
Intel UHD Graphics P630
4095MB NVIDIA Quadro P2000

Have you examined the FactoryTalk Diagnostics Viewer to see if there are issues reported?

I checked for a memory leak and found nothing.

I did notice after closing FactoryTalk View SE Client. All sluggishness went away, but launching FactoryTalk View SE Client it would return immediately instead of after running for some time. Also, I would need to reboot in order to run FactoryTalk View SE Client without slowing down the computer.

I will looking to the Database pool.

Last edited:
I noticed my built in monitor was using the Intel UHD Graphics P630 and my external monitors were using 4095MB NVIDIA Quadro P2000.

I changed the bios setting to make them all use 4095MB NVIDIA Quadro P2000.

Since then the slowing down seems to have stopped. I don't know why changing the built in display graphics would affect the FactoryTalk View SE Client.

I will see if the slow down happens again.

I will see