factorytalk viewpoint mobile info/ research help

stu

Hi guys
The other day I saw a youtube video on factorytalk viewpoint mobile and I thought this would help our engineers on dianostic on the machines via an ipad
, but as I have never seen it work or know what it can do ,has anyone had the joy in programming this or installing, I'm after info see what I need thanks stu

I don't know about FactoryTalk, but I do this same thing with AdvancedHMI. I connect a common wireless router to the PLC network (use AccessPoint mode if PLC already has a fixed IP address), then use the wireless to connect a tablet to the network. I will then put an application on the tablet that communicates to the PLC. AdvancedHMI will not run on an iPad, but it is very easy to find Windows 8/10 tablets starting at around $100USD.

I actually just did this the other day when a machine had an intermittent switch in a location that was not possible to see the PLC indicators or light on the switch. It only took a couple minutes to create an application with 2 BasicIndicators that displayed the status of the switch inputs. I put the application on the tablet then let the maintenance guy put it in his direct view as he tracked down a bad wire that had an intermittent break.

A wireless tablet makes a very powerful troubleshooting tool.