PanelView Plus 6 400 and FactoryTalk ViewPoint

Hello again,

We are working on a system that we developed and had been working fine for years. Recently, the customer decided that they needed to change the PVPlus 6 with an eBay special. Turns out that the eBay special was a few revisions older and had further underlying issues. After some time convincing them that their product would not replace the PVPlus 6 and perform the same way, we are now tasked with programming a new PVPlus 6.

Since it's been years (and several laptops) since I've had to get involved with a PVPlus 6, I'm struggling with what I believe is the home stretch in finalizing the program.

The issue I'm having is after restoring a similar runtime (that had worked on other PVPlus 6's), running the ViewPoint Administration Tool, creating the new runtime, and finalizing the download to the terminal, I cannot login to ViewPoint via Internet Explorer. The message that returns is "Failed to log on. You are not a member of the ViewPoint Viewers Group."

If I disable security in the ViewPoint Administration Tool, the browser can access the ViewPoint Screens. I also noticed that after re-publishing displays, and going to the Security tab, that no users under the groups. I cannot seem to find where to get my users (that are in the application on View Studio) added to this list. I'm fairly certain that this is where my issue is but cannot figure out how to rectify it.

I apologize for the lengthy post.

Just wanted to update anyone who took the time to read and ponder my above post. I've figured out the issue finally. It turns out I was still creating an older runtime (v5.1) which was creating ViewPoint Content in V1.x. It seems that as soon as I realized my PVPlus 6 (ME v8.0 and VP v8.0) I changed this and created a runtime that would allow for VP v8.0 content.

I am now able to enable security and log on via a web browser as before.

I appreciate those who viewed my post and anyone who was thinking up a solution.