FAL/arrays RSLogix 5000

djpalaz

I'm trying to copy the contents of an array to another array. I'd like to start at different positions in the array.

ex:

array1[12] -> array2[0]
array1[13] -> array2[1]
array1[14] -> array2[2]

I'm looking to do it in one scan cycle. The FAL instruction falls short since the position of both arrays is dictated by [xxx.pos]

COPy is the easiest way to do it, but just so you know, you can still do it with FAL by adding an offset in the destination expression.

A022108A.JPG

Similar Topics

Hi, Does anyone out there know how to use a BOOL array with any of the file instructions (FAL for eg) in a Control Logix?
Replies
Views
Is there a way to use the FAL instruction to do +=2 instead of +=1? I have an array that is organized with alternating "data" and "flag" values...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, Just a question regarding the conversion of FAL element addressing between a PLC-5 and Logix5000-series processor. In the...
Replies
Views
I have a timer array and need to 'copy' the .acc's to another array. This is part of data analysis being requested so there is a lot of copy and...
Replies
Views
I am trying to figure out an instruction. What does the MOD do in a FAL instruction. For instance I have an expression in the FAL...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom