Fanuc Robot to Omron PLC communication problem

Bbarnett

Everything was working correctly until after a power cycle. The Fanuc robot EIP settings are no longer RUNNING, and are only ONLINE. It can't find the scanner IP address (the Omron PLC). Have you ever seen this issue? What are some things to check for to fix it? We tried cycle starting again but nothing happened.

A note in the Fanuc manual:

ONLINE - the connection is enabled but is not active (for example, waiting for a connection).

RUNNING - the connection is enable and active (I/O is being exchanged).

Just wanted to update the solution to this problem. It was a mistake on the PLC. I didn't update the data size after creating additional entries in the data types tab.

Similar Topics

Hi.. I am new for Omron HMI, i want to communicate Omron HMI i.e NS8-TVo1B-V2 with Fanuc robot controller R30iA (i need to send some data from HMI...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever tried to integrate a Raspberry Pi to a Fanuc robot? I have this idea that I want to try out but I need to write integers from a...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , We have had a problem with some broken I/O wires on a Fanuc Robot. I'm sure we just need to rerun some cables , but I was...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with using a Fanuc Robot (R30iB) to a Logix 5000 over Ethernet/IP using Safety. I have some...
Replies
Views
I have read every post I can find on how to interface an Automation Direct C-More EA9 series HMI to a FANUC robot with no luck. Some say it is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom