FaultInfo Attribute - Studio 5000

Jaqson Belnap

Hello,

When I go to Instruction Help for a GSV instruction in Studio 5000, and then scroll down to the bottom of the webpage it directs me to and click the GSV/SSV Objects link, and then click on the Module link on the page it directs me to next, I see that there is a list of links for module faults. When I open one of these links, a table is provided that has columns for Code, String, and Explanation and Possible Causes/Solutions. I do not see a column for FaultInfo. Going back to the page that opens after selecting Instruction Help on a GSV instruction, there is a link on the bottom of the page labeled GSV/SSV Programming Example. When I click on this link, I can see on Example 1 that we would be able to see the FaultCode for the module in disc_in_2_info.FaultCode and we would be able to see the FaultInfo for the module in disc_in_2_info.FaultInfo. By looking at the table I mentioned earlier, I can get an idea of what module fault codes I might see (INT), but how do I know what fault info I might see (DINT), since there is not a column for fault info? Does anyone know of a table that can be referenced in another resource to see what module fault info would be associated with each respective module fault code?

Hello,

When I go to Instruction Help for a GSV instruction in Studio 5000, and then scroll down to the bottom of the webpage it directs me to and click the GSV/SSV Objects link, and then click on the Module link on the page it directs me to next, I see that there is a list of links for module faults. When I open one of these links, a table is provided that has columns for Code, String, and Explanation and Possible Causes/Solutions. I do not see a column for FaultInfo. Going back to the page that opens after selecting Instruction Help on a GSV instruction, there is a link on the bottom of the page labeled GSV/SSV Programming Example. When I click on this link, I can see on Example 1 that we would be able to see the FaultCode for the module in disc_in_2_info.FaultCode and we would be able to see the FaultInfo for the module in disc_in_2_info.FaultInfo. By looking at the table I mentioned earlier, I can get an idea of what module fault codes I might see (INT), but how do I know what fault info I might see (DINT), since there is not a column for fault info? Does anyone know of a table that can be referenced in another resource to see what module fault info would be associated with each respective module fault code?

The FaultCode and FaultInfo are parts of the final HEX code you see referenced in various module manuals and such. It's not a unique identifier.

FaultCode.jpg