Locked "history" attribute in wonderware

bigLee

I am trying to clean up the historian by unhistorizing obsolete objects with history attribute selected.

Many of them are derived from templates and locked down, preventing the attribute from being unchecked. I've unlocked everything I can see on the parent template to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

The historian is fine. As I'm deleting obsolete tags, I'm unhistorizing object attributes so they don't reappear in historian as they are selected to historize. If they are checked to historize in the parent template, I cannot uncheck the history attribute in the derived templates. I can only uncheck history at parent template level then I have to go through every instance and recheck history on all attributes that need to be historized.

My question is there a way to unlock so it's editable at the derived level without unhistorizing all instances?

The historian is fine. As I'm deleting obsolete tags, I'm unhistorizing object attributes so they don't reappear in historian as they are selected to historize. If they are checked to historize in the parent template, I cannot uncheck the history attribute in the derived templates. I can only uncheck history at parent template level then I have to go through every instance and recheck history on all attributes that need to be historized.

My question is there a way to unlock so it's editable at the derived level without unhistorizing all instances?

If the Historian is "fine", then never mind. After all, I'm sure nothing changed in the versions from 9 years ago. Silly of me to ask which version you were running.