FIFO with String Data, need Ideas

mracer

I tried posting this on one of the other boards but not getting much input so I thought I would try here.

I have a project that I would like to do a FIFO with string data. It’s a part number that would look something like this. 123A45B78. When I looked at the instruction set I see that a ST file is no included in the FIFO list.
Is there some way of doing this with a ML1100 or a SLC 505? Maybe using an N7 file and have that reference the string data?
I would like to set up a way of tracking a part through our paint line.
Thanks for reading

Not sure what length string your talking about.

An easy way would be to have a table for the strings, put the string into next available position (rotate round even), and save the position number in the FIFO.

When you retrieve the position number, go get the string.