find minimum working time between 4 pump

I don't think its so easy to solve it by 4 or 6 comperator
couse we need first lowest,secound lowest ,..its a unit that supply water perssure of small city(its my first project with alot stress)imagin p1=200hr p2=140hr p3=321hr p4=32hr so
find min1 to min4 (by 4 or 6 comperator)one of friend told about op I have tp177b in my project can I program this part of project on it becouse it is really easy to find min1-min4
in (C-pascal-basic)just you need
for i=1 to 4
for j=1 to 4
please tell me more about programming on TP

What makes it "easy" is solving for "least time", only for "pumps not running", every time, just before you start any pump. Your logic never needs to know which pump has the "second least" hours, only which NON-RUNNING pump has the "least" hours at start time.

The credit goes to Bernie.

they said to me if pump with lowest working time could not supply enough perssure
second lowest if not third lowest ...will start

I attached fb1 that I write program for finding min1 to min4
it works but when some pumps have same working time I have problem

The trick is to 'remember'which pump has last 'stopped' and use that pump to start your compare function.

Add a similar problem but had to count the least number of starts.
For the problem of big numbers or long times , we kept counting up ( one word)till it rolls-over ... then subtract lowest value from all the counters.has its problems if a pump is out of action for a long time

Bye

Eric

I think you misunderstand me if lowest pump couldn't supply pressure second lowest help it if both couldn't
third help ... and when perssure incresed pump with max time will stop first

but I did it !!
It works and find min1-min4 even when some of them are equall
if you find its concept you can extend it easilly!!!

Last edited: