Flashers logic

That is truly weird.

It looks like it must be called, periodically, every ten milliseconds, if the labels are to be believed.

To understand the counters think of the last have of the previous scan. By providing an 'Always Off' enable the CU (Count Up) bit is cleared. Now in the first half of the next scan of this logic the 'Always On' triggers one count.

They are generating toggling by examining the accumulators of the counters. But I don't think the toggle outputs (bottom section) or the counter resets are correct.

I have no idea why they used counters. Simple ADD instructions would have been far simpler to see and would work fine in a periodic task. Instead of "RES, you would just MOV a 0 into the tag. I agree that the output controls are incorrect, particularly rungs 10 and 12.

Similar Topics

I'm designing a 4 way light, 3 lights for NS and 3 for EW. I've got the lights working properly on set times. I now need to make it to where the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am going over some old code from days gone by. I would like the expert to confirm my findings to see if I got it correct. 1. B64:22/3...
Replies
Views
Hello, I´m having a problem trying to program in Ladder. An output should be trigged by two possible contacts. Take a look on the printscreen...
Replies
Views
I got my PanelView Plus 7 working with a Micrologix 1500. How would I connect my laptop to the PanelView to view the ladder logic while operating...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to replicate a piece of logic on the PLC5 onto an SEL RTAC. I am using ladder on SEL and FBD. I am having issue on the ladder...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom