Street Light w/ flashers

gnarly12

I'm designing a 4 way light, 3 lights for NS and 3 for EW. I've got the lights working properly on set times. I now need to make it to where the NS lights are constantly green and the EW lights are constantly red. Then when a car trips a 5 sec sensor on the EW lights a flasher will come on to warn the NS bound traffic of crossing traffic and the lights will kick onto the timing sequence I've already created. Once it goes through a full sequence I need the circuit to reset back to NS being green and EW being red. Any and all help would be gravely appreciated!!! 🍺

Any and all help would be gravely appreciated!!!
I'm not so sure that's gonna help your cause....;)

Seriously though, how about giving us some info on the PLC you're using and posting the code that shows what you've done so far? It's hard to help without somewhere to start.

Oh yeah...welcome to the forum!

Steve

Also search the site for the other posts on Traffic lights
there might be one or two
isn't that right Steve 🍺

"Gravely" is an adverb form of grave. Gravely would mean to do something in a serious, dignified, or somber manner. Gravely appreciating something would be serious appreciation indeed.

It is also the name of a company that makes garden tractors and lawn mowers.

I remember several traffic light student problems similar to this one, that have been solved on this site. I think those used a sequencer instruction, but the method is to only interrupt the normal cycle at the next North-South green-to-yellow transition, to prevent the NS green light at the interruption from suddenly going green-to-red and causing vehicle crashes.

There are many ways to solve the traffic light problem, using 4, 3, or only 1 timer. The method to interrupt the cycle at the green-to-yellow depends on the number of timers used.

Last edited:
I need a traffic light that will sense my presence and intention then either turn green or red depends on my needs to be somewhere or giving me a legit excuse to be tardy.

Only solid state relays and organically raised animal parts can be used for the controller. Please reply with the solution in hex coded ascii form, complete with drawings (typed out vector expression only) and SAMA logic chart today but back date all your solution to last month as this is due last month. muchas gracias

Don't forget the last number in the series: 4 ways, 3 lights, 2 directions, 1 problem, and 0 help.

attachment.php

Here is a bigger copy. I never much liked this old joke because you can see where it was cut-and-pasted.

Traffic Lights Galore.jpg

Last edited: