Flow Rate and Totalizer with Pulse Inputs

PLC75

I have a pulse input module that brings period measurement and accumulated count. My question is how can I use this module to show flow rate and totalized value.
From period measurement I can calculate the frequency but the flow meters units are pulses per gallon. How can I convert frequency to number of pulses.

Tip: Consider the dimensions
Frequency: periods / sec
Volume per pulse: x gallon
How to turn it into flowrate: gallons / sec ?

Apart from that, there have been plenty of previous threads regarding calculating flowrate based on impulses, also for how to achieve higher precision for when you have a relatively low flowrate and thus few impulses for the calculation.

Similar Topics

Hello. I wanted to write the logic of the flow totalizer and the flow itself for self-education in RSLogix5000 V20.01 software. After reading the...
Replies
Views
I am using Allen bradley controllogix 5000 and i need some code for a totalizer.My flow rate is an analog input of 4-20ma.
Replies
Views
Hi, The hardware is: Click Plc model # CO-O1DD1-O HMI model # S3ML-R magnetic-inductive flow meter model # FMM100-1001. I will set the flow meter...
Replies
Views
One of the engineers has asked me to add code to the PLC to calculate oil flow rate based on delta pressure, using the equation below: Flow rate...
Replies
Views
can any one help with the math for converting an instantaneous value to a totalised value for Gas Consumption usage every hour. in the plant we...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom