Flow Sensor Transmitter scaling

I have had bad results with pumps like that and flowmeters at the same time, in some cases I even tried to solve the problem using something called flow normalizer with no results. In my cases flowmeter was located more than 30 diameters away from pump. Those bursts made my flowmeter crazy, I was using coriolis flowmeters. Nowadays I change to different type of pump and I have no problem.

This is a little off topic but it regards the totalizer. I didn't feel like creating a new thread...

Everything seems good with the way I have the scaling configured but I think my totalizator (logic in the processor, not the transmitter) reads to slow pulsing every 1 second. I want to find a way to pulse faster than a 1 second without using a TON instruction, that way the scan time doesn't affect anything.

I'm currently using a GSV and using the seconds to make a pulsing bit for my totalizator. Anyway to come up with an accurate 500 ms pulse?

What if I use a TON instruction to create 500 ms pulse and I also use the "real" one second pulse to calculate a total number of pulses the 500 ms TON creates and I use the average pulse rate in my computation with my flow rate?

I ran a few test and my 500 ms TON without considering the scan time should pulse 120 times in a minute. With consideration of the scantime, based on an average of 10, my 500ms TON pulses 121.1 times. So instead of just using a fixed value of 120 to use in the division with my flow rate, would it be beneficial to keep pulling the average pulses?