Flowmeter with 1756-IF8 analog input

mavrick

Hello,
I have a flow meter that has been in service for a few years now. I have recently noticed that my registration on the mag meter does not match the registration on my HMI screen. When the flow meter is being used. Im seeing a fluctuation off 100 gpm. When i make the set point 600 gallons my 2 registrations match perfect. When i make the set point 1600 gallons my my 2 registrations will have a consistent 100 gallon less difference.

Would calibrating the card help fix this issue? I have verified the flow meter is good. It is a engineered card scaling 4-20 ma /0-400 gal.

Attached is a picture of the instruction that is used to add up the gallons going into the tank. The mash mag register is what accumulates total gallons and closes valves when set point is reached.

The mash IO CH6 is just the number of gpm the flow meter reads, the flow meter has no running total. Which is why there is a compute instruction used.

There is a timer dn. bit pulsing this calculation every 1000ms. So the mag register shows the accumulation in gallons to the tank.

Analog.jpg