FOR NEXT help

set-csg

icon7.gif
For Next Help
Hi Everybody,

Can you give a specific example on how FOR NEXT INSTRUCTION is use or applied in an industrial setting. I know how these particular instruction operates but I cannot relate it on how this one is applied on actual plant or factory operation.

Pls. help me, if you have a specific program as far as FOR NEXT in S7 200 is concern, that would be find if you can share that to me.

set-csg

I use FOR-NEXT loops all the time to build 'on-the-fly' electronic motion cam profiles. I have developed alot of machines that do high speed pin insertions that are fully customizable using electronic camming. The integrated motion and electronic camming in the RSLogix 5000 (AB) software is really beneficial to me.

I suppose a more generic example of using a FOR-NEXT loop would be to scan through an array of data with a certain criteria. Once the criteria is met, you can capture the index value and use it. I do this quite often too.

I don't have anything specific for the S7 200 because I don't develop on this platform.

I hope this helps.

TO abwiz,

Thank you very much for your reply, but at this point in time i do a lot of imagination as to the conditions of how it is applied. I would appreciate very much if u can include a set up or somewhat a picture or a even a program in RSLOGIX 5000(AB).

Respectfully yours,
Set-Csg