Forcing I/O

jpg.gif
untitled.jpg (28.7 KB)

this is the program, what I dis was to force on the SOl1548, then enable the force.

Thanks

untitled.jpg

angi ... we don't need to see your "program" ... the force (if properly done) would override the program ...

we need to see HOW you're doing the force ...

something like this ...

forces_installed.jpg

this is just a wild guess - but I'll bet (pocket change only) that we're dealing with the ALIAS being assigned to the wrong output tagname ...

angi ... what is the COMPLETE tagname/address of the solenoid that you're having problems with? ... we can't tell from the picture you've posted so far, the last part of the tagname is cut off ...

example: Local:2:O.Data[1? ... what's the rest of it?

doublecheck your wiring, slot number, etc. and make SURE that you have that piece of the puzzle correct ...

What I did was right click the SOL and then force on, after that enable all of the force, just like your post the ON in red.

OK ... we've made it THIS far ...

I've still got a hunch that you might be forcing the WRONG output ...

next question: what type of hardware/module do you have in Slot number 2 of your chassis? ...

and (just as important) if that module is a "communication" type module, what type of hardware do you have connected to it on the network cable? ...

suggestion: attach your entire ACD project file and let us take a look at it ... you'll have to ZIP the file first (forum rule) before you can attach it ...

so far (and we're not completely done yet) the LED for the solenoid will NOT be located on the module located in Slot #2 of your local chassis ... that [13] part of your address indicates an ARRAY - and then a bit number 18 - and that much "stuff" wouldn't physically fit into any one single output module that I know of ...

so when you said that the LED on the module came ON, which LED were you looking at? ...

so far, this is all pointing to an "addressing" problem - not a "forcing" problem ...

Last edited:
this is what I did yesterday in order to control the SOL manually:
I keep the latch output always ON, and Toggle the "test" bit to make the unlatch output ON/OFF. so the tag name or address should be no problem.
untitled_2.jpg (36.9 KB)

Thanks

untitled_2.jpg

well, according to everything that you're telling us so far, the force should be working OK ...

if it isn't - then there's either something that we can't see - or you've got a defective system ...

remember - we can't see your system from here ... we only know what you tell us and show us ...

we're trying to help - but we need details to work with ...

Is the PLC in RUN mode when you are trying to force the output? In the screen shot you posted, the power rails are not green like they normally would be when the logic is running.

If so the subroutine needs to be energized.

no now ... let's don't get started down that path ...

a "force" on an output takes place downstream of the ladder logic ... whether the output's instructions are being scanned or not doesn't figure into the field device's ON or OFF status at all ...

I don't mean to be "adversarial" - but we've got to stay on track here ...

Last edited: