Forcing in Mitsubishi, IEC Developer 6.01, Q-Series PLC

Sparki

Hi all,
weve just moved over to Mitsubishi GX IEC Developer 6.01 with the Q-Series PLC, used to have Allen Bradley SLC 500 Series & RS Logix,
my question is :
How the hell do you force an input/output in IEC Developer ?? Can someone tell me ?? :unsure:
p.s.I know how to remove a force :D

Ive spent the last two nights on my computer trying to work it out all to no avail,& the help menus are not very helpful.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards Sparki.

I don't have IEC version but I guess this behaviour is the same. The thing is that "force" is really a "set" or "toggle" function, not a real force like in AB world. You can force an output high or low but if the program is runing it might overwrite it if that portion of logic is scanned. You can also force an input high, but "forcing low" worked only if the phisical input was not high. Be carefull when forcing inputs unless you plan on keeping track of which one you forced or if you can afford to restart plc.

Thanks for that panic,
sometimes we have to use forces,sets,toggles etc. to get the plants running,whilst fixing the faulty field instrument thats causing the problem,or to unlatch interlocks that are causing alarms.

regards Sparki

Take a look at the reference manual (pdf file) that was installed on your computer at the same time as GX IEC Developer. If you search for the word "Force" you should be able to find some details of forcing inputs.

As Panic Mode stated previously, Mitsubshi doesn't have forces in the AB sense. I used to program AB and then changed to Mitsubishi. When I started using Mitsubishi I was concerned about the lack of a force function. But soon I got used to life with out the force and have found alternative means to keep a machine running or test a program.