FPM calculations

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
OK if I want to know the FPM the machine is running and I have 3 ppr on a 12” circumference wheel going to a standard DC input card on a Flexlogix processor. I would divide the Δ of the pulse accumulator by Δ time between snapshots. That would give me Xpulses/Xms. So if I get a ΔT of 5 ms to get FPM out of it I would do what take the pulses and divide by 3 because the 3 ppr = 1 foot. Then what do I do on the 5ms to get them into Minutes?

I know this should be easy but today I am having a hard time spelling Jeff

Divide 20 seconds by the 5 ms then multiply that by the number of pulses received during that 5 ms.

1 pulse equals 1/3 foot. 20 seconds equal 1/3 minute.

Last edited:
man you guys are quick less than 10 min. and I have 2 answers that make sence to me. I did good finding my way to work today it.
Thanks guys.