Free Software

leitmotif said:
Gee do we get free lunch and free beer on the free ride to the free software ??

Dan Bentler

Yeah, sure. And all of that while you're staying in a free governmental 'hotel' o_O, at least here in Belgium. Although some people may name it differently.

Regards,

It is possible to write the normal program only:
If you the former worker of Siemens and at you are all data on controllers.
If you have all source texts of programs and BIOS/OS of controllers.

If you use the disassembled text or its part it already will be infringement of copyrights. And the program will not be free.

It is possible to write the free (for West) program only if you the genius or if you write for other type of computers (Mac, BigBlue...) or other type of controllers.
But then you will create the firm and will sell the "free" program. It is capitalism.

Director does not give money to purchase of unnecessary programs.
At us the salary of 300-600 dollars in a month. We cannot buy very cost programs for self-education and experiments.
I send free of charge DVD disks with main Simatic programs only inside of Russia.
I have free of charge sent a DVD disk with programs to two colleagues. They have free of charge sent these disks further to other colleagues... One condition - to send a disk further.
Pyramid of Simatic disk happiness.

Thats OK then , I am sure Siemens will understand - I am using some guys in Poland at the moment - their salary is about the same as yours , but they use licensed software .

"Director does not give money to purchase of unnecessary programs."

Obviously your director doesn't have a lot of brain , because the program is necessary - isn't it ?

I'll stick with the capitalism -
The software is genuine , as is the Rolex .