Frequency Control of a VFD by HMI

If i well understand, they want to do better without adding any physical parts...

1 is the drive can be networked with the plc ? Yes, use network to dedicate speed value refference of each step. (Remotely adress drive parameters

2- if not what is the drive possibility to control speed ?I would use plc to get each of 4 steps dry contact signal and use any possible mean to command the speed request to the drive continiusly with a single command. this way, step speed will be adjusted inside plc program (not drive) and it would become easy to adjust them.
Using between drive and plc either an analog value, a pwm signal or a binary coded signal...(Most drive can have few input dedicated to a BCD signal to use 16 or more fixed speed that is usually enough in manny aplication.

Similar Topics

I have am trying to determine if I can use a 1756-IB16I (or some dc input equivalent) to handle a 24vdc input pulse frequency of 80 pulses per...
Replies
Views
Hello, please its possible to control flow rate using frequency mode of a flow meter ? if yes, how is it done for a PLC like Micrologix ? i...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I'm currently trying to implement a PID control on a fatigue loading machine. What I'm trying is creating a cyclic (sinusodial)...
Replies
Views
hi, please pardon a beginner's question.. i will be modifying a machine by adding sensors, motor & inverter..i have an inquiry regarding frequency...
Replies
Views
Need help to control Hitachi L100 frequency invertor with PLC Mitsubishi FX0s series. Is it possible to connect them somehow?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom