FSGateway/RSLINX Question: Can It Read PLC-5 format?

Colt Hero

We've got (2) Wonderware apps here that read the same set of Rockwell PLCs. One was built a long time ago, and the other came along much later as part of another project.

The one that works (older one) appears to be reading some of its data using FSGateway with Topic Names prefixed with "RSLINX" and SuiteLink Protocol ... even though the old PLC-5's it previously read were upgraded to ControlLogix PLCs.

There are also some Topics using ABCIP which read other, newer ControlLogix PLCs.

QUESTION: Can FSGateway/SuiteLink read ControlLogix PLCs using the old PLC-5 tagname format ... because I can see cases where this appears to be happening??

The reason I ask is the newer app has never completely worked. Only the ABCIP points are updating. I've verified this machine can PING all the PLCs in question, and that the IP Addresses and Device Name/Topics are correct in SMC, but it doesn't make sense to convert all of its tags over to ABCIP if the old application works. Maybe the faster thing to do is install FSGateway and SuiteLink on the new machine??? And what would be involved there? Where does RSLINX store its tag list ... or does it?

Last edited: