FT View ME Event Logging

neos

Hi All,

Is it possible to log events to a log file? eg current user, with time and date. Pressing of alarm acknowledgment or any other button? if so How?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

In the Explorer there is a folder named Data log. Create a logger and add the tags you need to log in the model. Normally data logger is used for trends, but i have used it before to log data and export it.Click on the Paths tab to define the data log location.

In the Explorer there is a folder named Data log. Create a logger and add the tags you need to log in the model. Normally data logger is used for trends, but i have used it before to log data and export it.Click on the Paths tab to define the data log location.

Is it possible to see the events in the run time? like in an event view window or similar?

FactoryTalk Diagnostics will do that; it will record user login/logout, display changes, communication errrors/events, tag changes, and some other system events.

Use the Diagnostics viewer on one of your displays to view those at runtime.
You also need to enable all the diagnostic events on the PanelView Plus (see the PVP user manual).

I'm not sure that it will record an alarm acknowledge, but there is a way to get that recorded if you really need it.

I'm not sure that it will record an alarm acknowledge, but there is a way to get that recorded if you really need it.

Yes, the customer wants to see an historical log in runtime to show who was logged in when the alarms were acknowledged. Which alarm was acknowledged will show up in the alarm history, so that part is fine. So in the log a message needs to be shown saying "Alarms were acknowledged by [user] on [date]"

Neos

It matters how your customer wants the log info, and how the alarms are setup.

The user login/logoff is recorded in the Diagnostics log. Alarms are recorded in the Alarm log. So, you could correlate the two together to see who/when a user logged in and then match which alarms were acknowledged. That would have to be done on a PC with Excel.
You could look through the two logs on the PanelView, side by side, but it would be tricky.

Or, crazy idea:
you could create a new alarm message to log acks into the Alarm log.
1. Create an HMI analog memory tag "AlarmAckValue"
2. Change every alarm trigger to use alarm ack value, assign the AlarmAckValue tag
3. Make a new trigger with alarm message using embedded variables:
Code:
Alarm number /*N:3 AlarmAckValue NOFILL DP:0*/
 was acknowledged by  /*S:0 system\User*/ at /*SDT*/
4. Alarm Setup>Advanced tab change the hold time = 2*update rate (ie. hold time should be 2 seconds with the default update rate of 1 second)
5. Repeat 1-3 for every alarm trigger.

If you have a small number of alarm triggers, that could work. Keep in mind that the Diagnostics log only holds 2,000 messages, and the alarm history is max. 10,000.