FT View Studio 7 Issue with RSLinxNG

mfoxips

Hello:

I'm trying to load a simple 1 tag MER (Runtime 7.0) to a PVPlus 600 v6(2711P-T6M20D8) with FW 7.00 loaded. I am communicating to a Micrologix 1200 over DF1. The app tests fine in Studio (running man), but when the runtime app loads on the PVPlus, I get the RSLINXNG.exe fatal exception error. The RSLinx Enterprise version on the PVPlus is 5.71. It looks like FT View Studio 7 has RSLinx Enterprise 5.60 installed. Thanks.

This is known to occur when the terminal's firmware is corrupted. I would recommend you reset the terminal to factory defaults...

117316 - Reset a PanelView Plus 6 to factory default state
Access Level: Everyone

...and if needs be, then re-flash the firmware to r7.00 (It may not need to be).

Then reload your application and try again.

Regards,
George

I reset the terminal back to Factory Defaults (FW V8.0). I then loaded the app after verifying comms with the Running Man. When it rebooted after the app load, it did not show the RSLinxNG crash error, but also did not communicate. I rebooted the terminal again, and the error showed up. I flashed the terminal a couple more times and tried different sequences, but got the same result. I would go back to FW V7.0, but that was where the terminal was previously with the issue. The one thing I still notice is my Studio uses RSLinx Enterprise 5.60, while the factory default terminal uses RSLinx Enterprise 5.71. Don't know if that matters or not.

Any chance you've got the DF1 Serial driver assigned to a serial port other than COM1 on the Target side ? That's an easy mistake to make if you're using a USB/RS232 converter on the development machine and click the "Copy from Design to Runtime" button in the RSLinx Enterprise Communications Configuration window.

I'm grasping at straws, because usually RSLinx Enterprise onboard the PanelView Plus terminals is pretty graceful about letting you know it can't open a serial port.

I think it is good on the serial port. My dev box has a true serial port at COM1, and I'm copying that over to the target.

I attached the driver properties.

DF1.png