FTV SE Tag Value Change Notification

AMarks95

Hello all, wondering if there's a simple way to detect when a tag's value has changed.

I have some tags whose values get updated every so often from an SQL query event I've created (DB is managed by another application). I would like to be able to notify the operator when the new DB value does not match the current value. I'm intending to tie a GUI object to this detection tag to show the user which values have changed.

Thoughts?

For those curious, I have accomplished this via VBA code.

There is a button that the operator can press to force an update from the SQL database, and the hourly update just activates this button.

I have added code to the button to check the current value of the tag against the new value from the database, before setting the tag's new value, and raise a flag. This flag is tied to an indicator on the screen.

I was thinking an Event to trigger background VBA code.

That was my initial thought as well, but since I had the VBA code for the button and it was being called every hour anyway, it made more sense to add it there.

How would you go about creating the event?

That was my initial thought as well, but since I had the VBA code for the button and it was being called every hour anyway, it made more sense to add it there.

How would you go about creating the event?

I don't remember. I have to check the help file every time I use it.