Ftv vba issue

Rahul3005

Dear SIR ,

We are having some problem regarding VBA code for FTV 8.10.

We had a project in which we had to convert the old SCADA RSVIEW 32 with the latest FTV.

In old RSVIEW32 , recipe functionality and some functions in SCADA were written in VBA code , we converted the old RSVIEW 32 with the new FTV 11.0 , but after successful conversion and after legacy tag database conversion , some display of SCADA application had active x control , after opening that particular display , there was an error popup “ Unable to load ActiveX control for ‘display name’”.

We restored the application for a lower version of FTV (v8.10) , after restoring the application in FTV (v8.10) , the following issue was resolved.

Now coming back to main issue which we are currently facing , since the FTV have a client based VBA functionality and the old RSVIEW 32 had a server based VBA functionality , we converted the entire VBA code with respect to our new FTV application , after conversion of VBA code , some function of recipe are working OK , function like opening an already created recipe , viewing the selected recipe etc.

EXPECTED RESULT : There’s one function in SCADA application “creating a reciepe” , after creating a particular recipe , recipe editor screen open properly as expected , and the “segment 1” column is editable , after operator pushes “AUTOPURGE” button on recipe editor screen , “segment 1” column should automatically go up , the “segment 2” column should be in middle , “segment 3” appears at downside.

Now as you can see video 1 , when normally the auto purge command is issued from runtime , the expected VBA code is executed , but the expected result is not achieved , as you can see in video 1 , the “segment 1“ is not changed and it stays in the same position as it was before .

Now as you can see video 2 , now before issuing the auto purge command , I manually brake the vba code at the start , that mean when i press “auto purge” command , the vba code will not execute completely , but it will stop at that position , where I have applied brake. (red dot is a brake) , then after issuing ‘auto purge’ command from runtime , I open the VBA editor screen and I manually execute the VBA function using “step into – F8” function in VBA editor and run the entire vba code manually.
After the entire code is executed , we can see that the “segment 1” row has shifted up , “segment 2” row is in middle and “segment 3” has appeared down.

What maybe the reason of this discrepancy ? when I automatically execute the VBA code from runtime , it doesn’t work , but when I manually execute the code from VBA editor , it works properly.

Link for video 1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1DmOdc7_7HxJfGDyJtddWmI27EXgH14/view?usp=sharing

Link for video 2 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0qvCMgzbCCPANI6Xamzv5hi32FNSZit/view?usp=sharing

:rolleyes: