FTView apa file password protected

eheerdt

I am working with a customer to make an update to a FTView Me program and they have provided me with the .apa file. Unfortunatly the file is password protected and the customer does not have the password and the OEM is no longer in buisness. Is there any way around the password?

Nope. Is the project loaded in a PV+ or computer somewhere? It MAY be possible if you have the .MER file.

I also have the .mer file and can have access to the PV+.

Will either of these paths get a clean file?

They might. But the .mer file might have been created without the ability to recreate the project or it needs a password to do it. There is a method that even if the .mer was created without the ability to recreate the project, you could get parts (but not all of the project back). But I don't know if this brute force method would work if the .mer was created with a password.