FTView Expression

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Sanity check:

{Tag_BO1_12_0-12_15_Int_2}/(10**3)

That is the same as dividing by one thousand, right?

10**3 = 1000

"10**3" is the same as "ten to the power of 3", right?

I have a Panelview 1200 application imported into FTView and I am converting it to a Red Lion. The original programmer did some scaling at the tag level and then some more scaling in expressions on top of that. Much of it doesn't make any sense, so I was just double checking my understanding. I thought maybe I had misunderstood the expression, and that if it meant something different it might make sense.

As you have helped me confirm, the original stuff really makes no sense, so I think I will just clean it all up in this conversion. Maybe the system will also work properly when I get it all done AND the values in the tags and the PLC will make sense and have meaningful units.