FTView ME Expression statement

Nebul0us

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey everyone, I am trying to right an expression in FTView and getting syntax errors.

If {[PLC]System.Auto} Then 1 OR If {[PLC]System.Estopped} Then 2 Else 0

That's the statement I am using.

Basically if the first tag is true then I want to output a 1, if the second tag is true I want to output a 2, otherwise output a 0.

The error reads...
"Error at line 1, column 34:
Expression is empty or incomplete."

Can anyone help? Very rusty with FTView....

An OR requires that what is before and after it evaluate to either 'True' or 'False', which 'If' statements do not.

Use 'Else If' instead.

Similar Topics

G'day all, I'm trying to set up interlock display in FTView (ME, but should apply to SE when I convert to that) in a manner which makes my...
Replies
Views
G'day all. I have an string display object that uses the CurrentUserName expression. For the sake of saving time, I use robot operator's initials...
Replies
Views
Sanity check: {Tag_BO1_12_0-12_15_Int_2}/(10**3) That is the same as dividing by one thousand, right? 10**3 = 1000 "10**3" is the same as "ten...
Replies
Views
FactoryTalk view ME 8.1 Micrologix 1100 Panelview+ 600 = 2711P-T6C20D8 MER saved as 8.0 I am trying to write an expression for an alarm trigger...
Replies
Views
Hello guys please I want experience with this I am currently working on a scada project using FTView SE and I have an Ethernet IP local area...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom