FTView Gurus Please Help

AzCtrlEng

I am using FTView SE 5.10

I am trying to figure out the best way to do the following.

I have a graphics display that contains 10 String Display objects and a Combo Box. When the user makes a selection from the combo box I want to assign a tag to each string display for viewing of the tag data. The tags will be different based on the user selection of the combo box.

For Example:
Combo Box has five choices SITE 1 through SITE 5.

There are 10 String Display Objects STRINGDISPLAY1 through STRINGDISPLAY10.

When user selects SITE 1 in the combo box I want to map a tag named
SITE_01_DATA1 to STRINGDISPLAY1
SITE_01_DATA10 to STRINGDISPLAY10

When user selects SITE 2 in the combo box I want to map a tag named
SITE_02_DATA1 to STRINGDISPLAY1
SITE_02_DATA10 to STRINGDISPLAY10

etc, etc. I figured underlying VBA code to do this but not sure exactly the best most efficient way to do this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Would it be possible to make 5 momentary inputs. site1 thru site5

Then use plc to pickup the change (latching), then you can display with an text visible only on that state.

eg.. if site1 is pressed, latch site1 bit unlatch all other states, And text only visible when site1 is latched. If site2 is pressed unlach all other states, make more text visible when site2 bit is latched.

just thinking outloud.. maybe I'll get my other laptop out

Last edited:
Why not use Parameter Files and Display List Selector. You could list all Sites in a display list and load parameter file from selection. Make a NULL_SCREEN to and have Display List Visible and Invisible after Parameter file is selected. I would do this by making two system tags called True and False with inital values of 1 and 0. Use Parameter #11= True or False for visibility of List. The Visibility Expression would be.... {#11}
You would have visibility on you 10 strings with the Expression of... {#1}== Null_Screen ...thru {#10} == Null_Screen. Then you NULL_SCREEN Parameter File would be

#1=Null_Screen
#2=Null_Screen
#11=True

This will show you Display Selector on blank page and when user Selects a file you would load parameter file.

#1={Site_1StringDisplay1}
#2={Site_1StringDisplay2}
#11=False

Then you would need a Navagation button to reload null screen to reshow you Display List. You would also make all your string displays Tagholders.