FTView SE 6.10 Alams Sound and Level of Security functions for a local application

ezz_snake

Version of FactoryTalk View SE:6.10.00 CPR 9 SR 4
Current Operating System (including Service Pack):Win Xp SP3

Dear All ,

So Now I have A project which i Almost Complete With Factory Talk SE View (Local application) but there's two Functions still needed to be Deployed into the application

The First One :

I want to Play .Wav File as a sound indication for each Alarm i Had Created in the Alarm and Event Server So i don't know how exactly i Do that Cause i am new to the System but i think that i have to create derived Event with the factory talk Command play wave file when the alarm tag is set ..... i tried that but nothing is happened i don't know if i am using the derived function so well so i need your a advice to play a sound file (also even if different sounds for different alarms)

2nd:
Now i have a function or an event in the process if it happens it will make no action in the application only through a confirmation password
examples:
- A HH Limit of a measure which it will Close a Valve Automatically but only through a confirmation password
- an Emergency Close Button on the screen will close the valve but only through a confirmation password
- also in (D2SD Instruction ) there is program mode and Operator mode cannot change to operator mode only through a confirmation password

So now i want to make this through a popup screen with the password to login and after login the event will make effect i didn't know exactly how to do this

i think that's all for now and i will be very grateful for your support

Best Regrads :)

maybe i can start the ball rolling?

what are you using for annunciation, a sounder with custom sounds or are you hoping that the PV+ can do that? ive not worked with SE before so maybe someone who has could be of more help

what about using the alarm to trigger the login pop up window to login then that will allow you to take action? or do you just want to enter a password and automatically take corrective action?

The first thing, how do you have your alarm connected? Does the PLC control the alarm/speakers or do you actually have some kind of speaker connected to the windows machine running SE? I have a feeling that the alarm wav you have set is for Windows (software), but your hardware audible alarm is setup through your PLC (on/off).
-You can mess with PWM (pulse width modulation) to convert the .WAV to play through the audible on/off configuration.

Second, what you need is some kind of VBA code or something that forces your screen to pop open. I'm not sure the SE does this but ME does without VBA. So if something happens X screen appears. VBA probably would give the same affect in SE. (This one might need a call to RockWell, they might have something already setup to make this really easy for you.)

EZZ, may this company is all you need : http://www.racoman.com/, they are AB encompass partners, I´m also attaching VBA file to change screens on FT SE.
In my case i use a counter and change screens periodically every three minutes, but in your case you can change it as you desire.

Do not forget to cache the screen where the VBA file is located so that you can run the program.

Thank you everyone for your help and your support sorry i was late in my respond because i was a little busy
RA sent me this solution in my email can also found in their knowledge base

this is a copy from the answer :

29298 - How to play a sound file triggered by an Alarm
Access Level: TechConnect
Date Created: 09/23/2004 12:00 AM
Last Updated: 07/13/2012 04:45 PM

NOTE: With FactoryTalk Alarms and Events, an Alarm Banner object can play a sound. See AID 60568 for details.

Background
RSView SE does not support RSMessenger at this time, and playing a specific wave file based on a specific alarmed tag’s alarmed status is not handled by native RSView SE functions.

However, an ActiveX control is available to implement this feature, documented in 7779 - How to play a sound file triggered by an Alarm.

Solution
This note shows one how to configure an HMI Server so that one can fire a wave file on an SE client PC via an individual or set of tags alarmed status.

One can set this up by taking advantage of an Event, by using a startup macro, and by silently running a client display screen that takes advantage of some VBA code bound to a numeric display object. This example will show how to play a wave file called TAG1isALARMED.WAV, a wave file that we have created or copied to Client PC's " C:\ " for this purpose. In this example we want to play the TAG1isALARMED.WAV on a remote client, when a basic alarmed tag, we’ll call it TAG1, goes into alarm.

In your SE application, create a digital memory tag, named TAG1_TRIGGER.

In your SE application, create an Event and save it as an event file. We'll start it in a client startup macro later. We’ll use two rows in our event to toggle the trigger back and forth.

We could have also used other Alarm Acknowledgment conditions, if the application called for it.

EXPRESSION: alm_in_alarm ( TAG1 ) ACTION: &Set TAG1_TRIGGER 1
EXPRESSION: NOT(alm_in_alarm ( TAG1 )) ACTION: &Set TAG1_TRIGGER 0

Note that if all we had were digital alarms, then TAG1_TRIGGER and TAG1 could be replaced by just TAG1 instead, but this example, as is, applies to an analog tag too.

Also note that we can use wildcards in the expression syntax, to monitor of group of alarmed tags.

Be sure to start this Event by setting it up appropriately in a startup macro or in the HMI server's components setup.

Create an HMI Display screen, called MONITOR_CLIENT_1.
On it, drop a numeric display for TAG1_TRIGGER.
Right click on the object, and select VBA. Edit it to be:

Private Sub NumericDisplay1_Change()
If NumericDisplay1.value = 1 Then
ExecuteCommand "Playwave C:\TAG1isALARMED.WAV"
End If
End Sub

To play the file WAV more than one time, you can use this code:

Private Sub NumericDisplay1_Change()

If NumericDisplay1.Value = 1 Then

For x = 1 To 10
If NumericDisplay1.Value = 1 Then
ExecuteCommand "Playwave C:\TAG1isALARMED.WAV"
Else
'Exit from loop
Exit For
End If
Next x
End If
End Sub

In the startup macro of the Test Client, insert the Display MONITOR_CLIENT_1 /ZA command. This will run the display screen and enable VBA monitoring of our TAG1_TRIGGER Tag, which we are Event monitoring. This can fire off the WAV file locally.

On the test client’s PC, copy the file TAG1isALARMED.WAV to c:\. This will be the file played when TAG1 goes into alarm. The user may want to decide which wave files he would like played per alarmed tag, and organize those files on the client PC accordingly in advance.

Test the HMI client under an alarmed state to be sure that native computer wave file playback is functional.
Caution:
Running more than one SE Client instance on a computer and issuing the 'PlayWave' commands may cause them to get queued up which will affect the display screen callup times - which over time will become slower and slower. VBA code. or other method should be used to allow only one of the instances of the SE Client to run the PlayWave commands.

because i am not familiar a lot with VBA code i use this alternate solution to play sound when an alarm is triggered

this is a copy:
A FactoryTalk Alarms and Events Banner can automatically play a wave when an alarm occurs. To select what conditions you wish to trigger the sound, double-click on the FTAE Alarn Banner and go to the States tab. Check the Sound checkbox for any alarm conditions that you wish to play the sound. The sound played is the Windows Default Beep sound, which can be configured in the Windows Control Panel--> Sounds and Audio Devices.

this is so easy and simple way to play sound but the problem is you change a property in the windows it self (you change the windows beep to your desire wav file) so when a condition happen using the windows beep sound you will hear the wav file you replaced with

NOW
i am still not familier how to make security levels to make some tags not active unless the operator change his log on to the system so any help on that

:) BR