Fullscreen Protool Pro RT

MURDERER

How can I do the Protool Pro RT fullscreen while it is online on a pc station.And how can I exit the program from.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello MURDERER.

If the application has been made with "full screen" and "lock task switching", then you cannot exit from it or access any windows functions.
What I do in such cases is to program a special button that activates the Windows Task Manager. This button is then password protected.

If you cannot add such a button, then all you can do is turn off the PC !

JesperMP said:
Hello MURDERER.

If the application has been made with "full screen" and "lock task switching", then you cannot exit from it or access any windows functions.
What I do in such cases is to program a special button that activates the Windows Task Manager. This button is then password protected.

If you cannot add such a button, then all you can do is turn off the PC !

Thanks,

I have added a picture that shows the settings on my laptop.I could not change the fullscreen option because there is a grey trick that i am not able to change.How can I enable it so that goes on.

Fulsceen.jpg

The Full Screen setting is fixed ON when you have a panel, i.e. not a PC RT.

In the project tree, at the very top, what type application does it say there ? "OPxxx", or "PC" ?

edit: Corrected a typo.

Last edited:
JesperMP said:
If you need to change an existing application from a panel to a PC, then use the Convert function.

what should I select in the selection list to convert it.

1sre.JPG

Last edited:
If you have Protool Pro, then select the File .. Convert .. Start function.
You will prompted to select Device Type and Resolution.
In the list of devices on my PC, you will find "PC" amongst the others:
Protool_convert.GIF

You may have to contact Siemens support.

edit: Exactly which panel do you have now ?

Last edited:
Now I understand.

You have standard Protool engineering software.
And you have a license for Protool RT.
You need to upgrade your Protool engineering software to Protool Pro.

In order to change the MP370 ProTool project into one for a PC, you would need the development software ProTool/PRO. ProTool RT is stand alone runtime software to simulate your MP370 project on a PC and/or use a PC in the same manner as you would use the MP370.

Only the PRO version of ProTool allows you to make a project for a PC (running ProTool RT to make it act like a panel) instead of just a number of dedicated panels, like a TP270 or a MP370, from which you can choose.

If there's no 'button' already available in your current project to exit ProTool RT and you do not have ProTool/PRO to add an exit button yourself, I would suggest using CTRL-ALT-DEL and stop the ProTool RT application from the Windows Task Manager, rather than shutting down the PC. But this is pretty much all you can do...

Last edited:
Sparkz said:
If there's no 'button' already available in your current project to exit ProTool RT and you do not have ProTool/PRO to add an exit button yourself, I would suggest using CTRL-ALT-DEL and stop the ProTool RT application from the Windows Task Manager, rather than shutting down the PC. But this is pretty much all you can do...

I believe You can not leave the screen using CTRL-ALT-DEL buttons.As JesperMP mentioned above you should either assign a button programmed or reset the computer you use. Therefore I wouldn't suggest use of CTRL-ALT-DEL buttons to stop the Protool RT.And this act is not recommended while the system is working.You may just have to wait the system to shut down.Please go to local Siemens support to take help.