FX CPU Program Capacity error

asteroide

Hello Friends

I Have a FX3G CPU and I am modifyind the program to add new models.

I have tried to add several rungs but an error appears:

The program capacity will be exceeded.
Please increase the program capacity or delete some instructions.

In the Project tree I have checked the PLC Parameter and I have noticed that the Program Capacity is 4000 steps, I have exceeded this number.

I have modified the Memory Capacity option to 32000 and the Program capacity changes to 20000 steps.

Is it enough to continue with my program or Do I need to do something more?

Do I need to change the PLC or add a memory or something else?

Thanks in advance.

GXWorks2_ProgramCapacity.jpg PLC_Parameter.jpg PLC_Parameter2.jpg

Last edited:
Your 'comments capacity is taking all your memory.
That PLC allows you to download the comments to the plc at the cost of program memory.
When you run out of program memory, you have to set the comments capacity to 0

The comments will no longer be in the PLC but will still be on your laptop.

Are you using the comments capacity i.e. downloading the comments ?
If you are not then set it to 0 (or some smaller value) this will give you more capacity for the program. It does mean that you will have to maintain your copies of the program as an upload from the PLC cannot be re-constructed only will come back in raw ladder, not many people actually download the symbolic table anyway.
Other things you can do is try to reduce the code perhaps some loops i.e. indirect addressing (this will depend on the code you are producing). The use of IEC timers like TON etc. take up a few extra memory than the standard timers (OUT_T) so where possible use the latter, alternatively upgrade the processor.

As you can see in the pics, the standard timer is only a couple of instructions whereas the IEC function is far more.

Standard Timer.png IEC Timer.png