G&M codes from Auto Cad drawing

vs.rao

Dear Friends,

Our final year HD students are working on a motion control project.
We are looking for a software that can produce G&M codes from Auto Cad drawing of an object. Could you suggest one for us.
We are using Siemens S7- 200 PLC, Siemens PC Access software, Simo drive FM step drive.

Could you advise us on this.

Your cooperation in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

VS.Rao

I'm pretty sure Mastercam has the capabilities you're looking for, although the price may be out of range for a student project. If you start with that as a keyword, you can probably use your favorite search engine to come up with alternatives.

Bob CAD will do it and you can download a demo online that will do it for 30 days. Another thing you can do is plot to an HPGL file then convert it to positions. This requires some programming but its not to bad. It makes for some random positions like a pen plotter but it can be a cheap way to generate programs.